Friday, May 16, 2008

Podcasting. Is that a kind of fishing?

I got extremely confused at first by podcasts. I couldn't seem to find anything that would define them in a way I understood, and things weren't made clearer when I heard a few clips of random podcasts. This was because they all seemed to be random and without purpose, not to mention rather crude and reminiscent of a badly constructed fan fiction. I suppose it was luck of the draw that I managed, in my random sampling, to avoid all the good ones.

Finally, someone took pity on me and gave me some examples of what podcasts are and what they can potentially do. At the basic level, they seem to be an audible-only YouTube video. It's a cheap and easy way to "publish" something that would have otherwise had to compete for space on a radio station.

I couldn't figure out how to embed a podcast, but I've included a link at the bottom of this post which leads to one I found somewhat amusing. I listed to part of the Tues, May 13 broadcast, which was admittedly pretty aimless but which I nevertheless found most tasteful of the podcasts I'd sampled. So enjoy!

http://podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=27383

No comments: